- 1 cup (~ 240ml) vegetable oil (e.g. canola)
- 10 green onions (skinny scallion), cut into 5cm long segments
- 400g yellow alkaline noodle or (thin) ramen noodles
Mix seasoning sauce (for two servings)
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce (optional for darker color) could be substituted with 1 tbsp of fish sauce for a kick (this is my adaption)
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- Wash the green onions and then cut into segments around 5cm long. Drain completely.
- Heat up around 1 cup of cooking oil (you can use vegetable oil or lard for this recipe), and put the green onion segments in. Use lowest fire to simmer until the green onions are deep-browned and almost burnt. Transfer out to cool down.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and then cook the noodles according to the instructions. Drain the noodles and place into a large bowl, add around 4 tablespoons of scallion oils and toss the noodles well to cool down.
- Then mix sugar, dark soy sauce and light soy sauce in a small bowl and then mix with the noodles before serving.
From: China Sichuan Food